Sign up now for an educational evening and earn continuing education credits!
During the evening you will learn the many aspects of hospice care, meet representatives of various areas of the hospice journey, and become more comfortable talking about hospice care with patients.
Agreeing to hospice care doesn’t mean you’ve given up on a patient; it means you care about their quality of life. In this educational session, we’ll discuss the history and philosophy of hospice, debunk the myths, highlight the benefits, review eligibility guidelines, and discuss the importance of various roles of physician, nurse, social worker, etc. have throughout a patient’s journey under hospice.
While we can’t change the outcome, we can ease the journey.
- 1 Nursing CEU via St. Clair County Community College
- 1.5 NASW-Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative – Approval #083122-00
- 1.5 NBCC credit – Approval No. SP-4064
5:30 p.m. – networking & dinner
6 p.m. – program by Dr. Candace Kimpson
6:30 p.m. – panel discussion with:
- Doru Bali, Medical Director
- Candace Kimpson, Associate Medical Director
- Jessica Whitley, RN, BSN – VP Clinical Operations & COO
- Breanna Day, LMSW
- Vicki Torrey, Chaplain
- Heidi Benner, Volunteer Coordinator
with Guest Speakers
Dr. Doru Bali
Dr. Candace Kimpson
Associate Medical Director
Jessica Whitley, RN, BSN
VP Clinical Operations & COO
Breanna Day, LMSW
Certified End-of-Life Doula