Be the difference – join our team of volunteers!
As a volunteer, you can make a difference – one life at a time. Can you… use a computer, plan a fundraiser, address envelopes, hold a hand, feed a pet, file papers, bake a cake, make phone calls, listen to cherished memories, pat a shoulder, give a hug? No matter how you help, you are touching a heart.
Wherever you choose to volunteer at VNA & Blue Water Hospice, there’s a place for you. Whether you volunteer directly with patients and families or in another role, you will make a difference in someone’s life, including your own.
We are currently seeking volunteers in the areas listed below. Please consider volunteering today! Contact Volunteer Coordinator Heidi Benner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling (810) 388-6120, or complete the volunteer form below.
Enhance the quality of life for patients and families in their homes or a facility such as a nursing home or assisted living.
- Provide companionship, a listening ear, and practical assistance.
- Befriend patients by sharing hobbies, reading to them, and offering emotional support.
- Help caregivers, do light housekeeping or yard work and sometimes sit with patients to give caregivers a respite (break).
Blue Water Hospice Home
Give comfort and care to patients at our 12-bed, in-patient care facility. Volunteers work in various shifts to:
- Support and reassure family members
- Greet visitors at the front desk
- Assist in preparing/serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Provide companionship to patients including reading a book or writing a note
- "We Honor Our Veterans" companion program
Volunteers play a key role in providing much needed clerical assistance to the agency by:
- Data entry
- Mailings and copying
- Fundraising activities & activities
- Assembling patient information packets
What is your specialty or talent?
Several other opportunities are available and can be tailored based on your skills, talent, and expertise! We have additional need for music, pet care, hair stylist, massage therapist, gardening, writing, photography, and much more. If you have the enthusiasm, we have a place for you!
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Heidi Benner by emailing email@example.com or by calling (810) 388-6120.
Read some stories from our volunteers...
- September 23, 2022
- December 21, 2021
- November 30, 2021
- July 30, 2021
- May 26, 2021