Dr. Elmore Shoudy had a vision for a home dedicated to terminally ill patients. At the time, the area had nothing of the sort. He envisioned a home-like setting for patients to spend their final days; a tranquil environment where families could stay with their loved ones. With support from the Blue Water community, the Blue Water Hospice Home opened in 2012.
The Blue Water Hospice Home, located in Marysville, is a home for terminally ill patients in need of expert comfort care as their illness progresses and when their own home is no longer an option. Our home is a comfortable and personalized setting where registered nurses and support staff provide 24-hour care, and where family and friends can spend quality time with their loved ones through their end-of-life journey.
Situated by a 2.5 acre pond and surrounded by more than 30 acres of serene woodlands, our home is equipped with private patient rooms and a therapeutic whirlpool bath. For family members, there are sleeping accommodations within a loved one’s room and family rooms for quiet time and solitude.
While we can't change the outcome, we can ease the journey.
Blue Water Hospice Home features:
For the patient
- Nurses and aides specializing in hospice care
- 1:4 staff to patient ratios
- 12 private rooms, providing each patient with a “view from the pillow”
- Access to a private patio with a view of the pond and wildlife
- Spa with therapeutic whirlpool bath
- Individually prepared meals & individual meal planning
For family and friends
- Sleeping accommodations within a loved one’s room
- Family rooms with tranquil fireplaces, screened in porches, and a kitchenette for preparing light meals
- A pond, landscaped gardens, and trails for meditation, reflection, and peaceful walks
For the community
- Knowledge that expert end-of-life care is available
- Knowledge that in such a facility, the staff and volunteers are specifically trained in end-of-life care
- Availability of a cost-effective alternative to other less-focused forms of residential care
Blue Water Hospice Home services include:
- Physician services
- Nurses specializing in
- Registered dietician
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Medical social worker
- Spiritual counselor
- Bereavement care
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Speech therapy
- Ongoing bereavement care for family and friends Learn more
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness, we are here to help.
As any non-profit organization, we are grateful for the generosity of our donors. We have developed a ‘wish list’ to help us serve patients. For health reasons, we can only accept new items. All donations are very much appreciated and make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
- Automatic blood pressure machines with temperature and oxygen level monitors (2)
- Hospital gowns for when patients are unable to get out of bed
- Therapeutic Heel Elevation Cushion (12)
- Electric razors (2) with replacement blades that can be purchased for infection control
- White towels and washcloths
- Patio chairs with side table for individual patient patios
- Hanging flower baskets or standing planters for patient patios (spring and summer only)
- Sheet sets (extra long twin)
- CDs and CD players
To drop off items, call (810) 984-4131 to arrange a convenient time.
Hospice Home 2795 Edison Drive, Marysville, MI 48040